Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Stinky Dogs (What to do if you dogs get sprayed by a skunk).

1Mule Rides 06  Shylo and Blue got Sprayed by a Skunk! Shylo got it the worst, he must have been in the front. He wasn’t even able to open his eyes. He kept rubbing his nose on the ground bumping into things.
Blue had his eyes open, but was rubbing his nose all over the ground. Thank God I was close to the hose! As much as he hated it, Shylo had to have water doused in his face and eyes. He whined and screamed and was so confused as to what was going on.
Once he was able to open his eyes, he still needed a bath or two and I knew that wasn’t going to be any fun for either of us!
Living in an RV with a dog that has been sprayed by a skunk, also not much fun! I felt so bad for Shylo, we wouldn’t let him sleep in the bedroom with us, the poor guy had to sleep down in the living room all by himself.    Nov1819  (23) (He really looks like he is suffering doesn’t he!)
After many baths and the dog shampoo’s not working and knowing from past experience that tomato Juice doesn’t work; I tried dawn dish soap and Murphy’s Oil Soap which helped only a little.
I also had towels that also smelled like skunk so I washed them in Tide and they still stunk, so I washed them again in Tide and the smell was gone. So another bath it was for the dogs, this time using Tide, it worked better than anything else OR after so many baths anything would have worked at that point!
A few weeks went by and anytime the dogs got wet, Solos 03  it enhanced their stink! Finally We met a guy on the ranch who told us Dawn dish soap, peroxide and baking soda was the solution, so that is what I did and let me tell you, that worked very well, better than ANY dog shampoo I ever used. It actually lathered up on the dogs and man were they ever soft AND they both smelled great!
Hoping this doesn’t happen again, but if it does I will try this Peroxide solution first, then I will have a better idea if it really does work for the smell!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Adventures of Shadow the RVing Dog.




Copyright Protected

Archives

        
OLDEST POSTINGS: 03/07/2010  TO  03/02/2011