Monday, February 10, 2014

Shiner Memorial Park

Preparing Shiner’s Final Resting Place, After Several of us put our heads together we decided a view of the lake was a must! She just loved to swim and chase Henry and the other birds at Dream Lake, so this spot seemed perfect.
Now getting the area cleaned up to  make it a worthy place for her memorial. 

Clean up
                           Captured Videos
I drug  all the debris out to the road and Pablo came with the tractor and hauled the piles away.
About the Memorial:
I went around and gathered tons of fresh pine needles, you can see them in the sitting area and in the hollowed out log in front of her heart stones.
Shiner loved to lay in dried up pine needles, one of the first things I do when we get back here is to go down by the lake and gather a bunch of pine needles. I put a few piles in different areas around the RV and she would  pick her favorite pile for her outside napping spot. Once she picked her pile. I would bring a dish of water out  and put it real close and if she was napping during lunch, she would get that right by her pine bed as well!
 2012- 2013 ner 06 Last Years Spot (on left) 2012- 2013 ner 02 This years spot!
So that is why Pine needles are special and needed to a part of her memorial!

When you come back to visit, you can sit in Shiner Park and reflect your fondest memories.
If some of her friends are already there,  Pine 2_thumb[1]   don’t worry there is a lot of room!

You will notice large rocks around the perimeter, there are memory stones along the edge and,  heart stones  placed in sand. (Don’t worry I will explain in a moment) First I want you to know that all these stones that make up any part of her final resting place, have been gathered from ALL over the Ranch, including the lake! Shiner was a part of everything that happened at Deer Lake Cabins, so bringing a little bit of everywhere seemed fitting for her memorial.

The inside edge that leads to the sitting area is lined with memory stones. A memory stone is where you can share your memory or your name or your message. 
This is Shadow’s Message: P1030791 Here is what he grave looks like right now. The other message stones are from Shylo, Blue, the Birds, Horses, Henry, and Myself:
P1030798
The blank memory stones on the path to the sitting area are for you. Pine1030726 
                    
We would be proud  to place your stone on the Shiner Trail if you like, just knowing that she touched your heart makes us smile!

The messages are done with a permanent marker, a Paint pen, or some kind of an outdoor paint. (I know the writing won’t last for ever, but it is the thought that counts)!  I am only responsible for making sure your message gets in the right place.  
 
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET A STONE ON SHINER’S PATH:
  1. You can find your own stone (no larger than a brick) and put your own message on it and send it to the address below.              OR
  2. If your coming here in the near future, you can bring some paint or permanent marking pen and make your own!         OR
  3. Send me a note in the mail, with what you want your stone to say, and I will  paint a stone for you. (Write Slowly as I don’t read so fast no more (LOL)  and PRINT clearly .      OR
  4. You can send me an email with your message on it.               OR
  5. You can leave me a comment on this blog.  
CONTACT INFORMATION:
Deer Lake Cabins
ATTN: Cindy
830 Dream Lake Road
Scroggins, Texas 75480

email:  dlccabins (AT sign) gmail DOT (.) com  If that confused you just  switch these around: gmail.com  dlccabins@

Whether I place your message on the path or you do it yourself  they should be placed  in the order they are received. Just find the first blank stone and replace it with your message stone.    The area around her grave is reserved for her family, close friends,  ranch employees and etc. If your stone should be with family and close friends, be sure to specify that in your note.

You need to give me your email address if you need me to contact you. It DOES NOT come as part of your comment unless you type it in your message.
I will commit to do this until April 1st, at that time I will post something letting you know if any of this will still be available.

I hope I haven’t confuse everyone, I am kind of good at that!
As far as her memorial site goes, I still have a lot of  work to do, however I had made enough progress to feel that the site was now worthy to bear her name and to be her official resting place.     Final 01 Cross

If you don't like the rock idea, another thing you could do in memory of Shiner is to to donate to an East Texas Animal Shelter in Shiner’s name. That way She can continue to help others find their way, share her love and bring smiles to people and animals even in her death.

I will be very busy in the next couple of weeks completing her memorial and surrounding area. When I am done I have something I  need to tell you about the Heart Stones and an AMAZING discovery directly related, but it is going to need to wait until my next entry!

Rest in peace Shiner, you were loved by many!

8 comments:

  1. So sad about Shiner. I'm so glad I stopped in to see her in October. I've had this feeling for awhile that her time was close. Yet very hopeful for another year for her as she seemed to be lively near the end. Right now I have no tears. I'd like to make a slide show in her memory if I can come up with her best pictures I took. She was very dear to me. I loved her. Making a special memorial place for her is something very nice. A place to go and think of her. Thanks for being her friend and helping out. Now she sleeps peacefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Shannon, I would love to see your slide show when you get it done. I would like to do one too, but I want to finish cleaning up the area by her first and getting this memorial finished. I also thank you for being her friend and for the hugs you gave her for me, when I was in Wisconsin and you were the one there for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job with the memorial site. It truly shows your LOVE for Shiner and her LOVE for you. Shiner will always hold a spot in your heart and that is so cool. I never met her except thru your eyes and blog and yet I can see he is an important member of your family. If you will , please do a rock with just these 3 words, Serenity, Courage and Wisdom,, for she had all 3.!!!!! Hugs From da Romittis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for leaving your comments and I will be honored to do your rock! I will post photo on the blog when it is done. Thanks Again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy , Shiner was a very special dog which our family loved very much. Her memory will live on in our
    Hearts forever. She loved all the guests and always had a friendly tail wag and just made you feel like an old dear and trusted friend had come to say hello. She lived a wonderful full and long life and died peacefully
    And quietly with you and Dave there
    Beside her. Thanks for taking such good care of her during your long winter visits. I will always think of her when I step out on my front porch with my morning coffee , I will half expect to see her trotting towards me
    To say hello , get a friendly pat and see if I have a small snack for her.
    Then trot off to greet her many friends. Stan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for posting on the blog! I have no doubt her spirit is strong enough here for sightings to occur. Out of the corner of my eye on a few occasions I have had glimpses of Shiner since her passing. Cathy had even commented about hearing her in the office. I know she loved your family dearly. Thank you again for posting.

      Delete
  6. Cindy could you make a message on a stone for Shiner? Something like this: "Shiner, You will always live on in my heart. I miss you and I love you. Love, Shannon "
    You can paint the rock or just use the paint markers to draw hearts, maybe sketch a little pine tree on one side. Doesn't have to look perfect. You are doing your best, take your time. If you have any questions about it feel free to email or message back here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon,
      I will get this done soon and get a picture of it for you on the blog. Thanks again!

      Delete


Adventures of Shadow the RVing Dog.




Copyright Protected

Archives

        
OLDEST POSTINGS: 03/07/2010  TO  03/02/2011