Monday, February 10, 2014

Sad Sad News For So Many, As We Inform You That Shiner Has Passed Away

Shiner the ranch dog at Deer Lake Cabins, was called home in the very early morning hours
February 3, 2014.
Other than a sore paw  P1020859  which caused he to limp off and on for the past few weeks, Shiner show no signs of discomfort; she was active, her appetite was good and she  was happy!  1 01 12 1 (3)

She played with the other dogs was excited to go for walks, and still enjoyed chasing the horses  Horses 03 and the birds! She was a cuddle bug and love to cuddle and gave lots of kisses!
 She Really liked it when I would lift her up on the couch so she could cuddle with Dave. 

She gave no signs what so ever that this was her last full day on earth! Her death was quite a shock to all of us!  I was up late  editing pictures with All four dogs  sacked out around me. Right around 12:30 a.m. Shiner got up and nudged me, (this was nothing new, it was her way to get my attention so I would give her a kiss or pet her or something. That night I think she just wanted to say, “  Lady, thank you for loving me” She then laid down by my chair.
An hour later when I  was heading to bed, I let the dogs outside to do their thing; Shadow, Shylo  and Blue went out, but not Shiner. I went over by her to wake her up...   and sadly it wasn’t because she didn’t hear me.
She passed away so peacefully not even so much as a whimper; and she left this world with a Smile on her face because she was happy. I on the other hand was a total basket case and spent the next several hours surrounded by the other 3 dogs and the kindest man I know.   
God took her as gracefully as anyone could be taken and for that I am eternally grateful! 
For those of you who are not familiar with Shiner she was ranch dog at Deer Lake Cabins, she was a star around here, a celebrity with her own paparazzi; she was as famous as they get , at least on the ranch!
For years many guest were blessed with Shiner’s love and companionship.  Texas Star Journal 019  My heart would smile every time a guest  would scream her name with excitement. “Shiner…” I would hear, it was like they just reunited with a long lost friend! Mules would come to a dead stop and Adults and Kids alike would fly off of their seats to give her a pet or a hug. Guests Double S Ranch 02 (Faces are distorted on photos, I didn’t get permission to share)
Each Cabin  has a Journal for guests to make comments in about their stay. These journals are LOADED with Shiner’s loyal fans!  Some of the guests expressed themselves through art work   Wild West Journal 01  while
others just shared fond memories,  Texas Star Journal 032    and someWild West Journal 02   shared a little bit of both! They would write about how much
Shiner Loved to ride in the mules Mule Rides 06 or run along the side of them, how much they loved her and couldn’t wait to come back to see her again! 
Shiner made everyone feel special and she seemed to remember you from the last time you were here! If she saw you before you saw her, she would  come running!watch 011211a05  o stuff 088  It was as though she was waiting for that kiss Outside Clean Up  (6)  or that hug  sat30  53 or that touch.   Maybe she was just making sure you were happy enough to see her! LOL DSCN011-004 Shiner was full of life and love,
She loved everyone and everything… except baths Shadow and Shiner 67 Thunder and watching you leave!  2012- 2013 ner 03
Deer Lake Cabins just won’t be the same without her; but I am sure her spirit will remain alive in the hearts of all the people that had the honor of meeting her.
In memory of Shiner a very special kind of memorial has been set up. It has been done in a way that should make it easy for anyone anywhere to be able to participate  if you want to.
I will be posting all about it in my next entry.

4 comments:

  1. She was loved by so many. I was thrilled myself to look through a guestbook and see comments about Shiner. I hope those entries will be preserved. I even have some entries from the Log Cabin about her. I'm glad I knew her. My eyes have tears now. I will surely come in the spring and see the memorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    Thank you for your comments! When you come in the spring, please feel free to lay some freshly dropped pine needles or straighten the heart stones and memory stones if they need attention. Thank you for all of your support, you have been a great friend for both Shiner and I (even though we have never met)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww what a love Shiner was. So funny to have met her once and felt that she was part of our family. She ran the trails with us when we were on the mule and when she ran so far and was so tired she looked directly into my eyes as though to say, "Hey, how about a ride back." And when I moved my feet over she just climbed in and sat on my feet looking up at me. I will never forget the trip to Deer Cabins, which we hope to do again very soon and often, and Shiner touched our hearts and lives forever. Lovingly, Claudia and Carl Steed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shiner was an amazing dog! When she would look up at you, you couldn't help but give her what she wanted, or at least a kiss! I am glad you your lives were blessed by her love! Thank you for sharing.

      Delete


Adventures of Shadow the RVing Dog.




Copyright Protected

Archives

        
OLDEST POSTINGS: 03/07/2010  TO  03/02/2011