Sunday, April 6, 2014

Many Hours and Several Tries Later, Shiner’s Memorial is Complete!

I spent two months trying to get the rest of the area around Shiner’s burial cleaned up and after several tries I finally finished her memorial as well!

Clean Up 1            Grave

Memory Stones

In my last entry I said I discovered something really cool.

This is what it is…

When making Shiner’s memorial one thing that really stood out to me was all the hearts that Shiner had touched.

While gathering rocks for her memorial it seemed like every time I looked on the ground, I found a heart shaped stone!  I saw this as a sign, and just started collecting them. It wasn’t until later that thought of a “Heart Garden” came to me. 

When I was all done with round one of her memorial, I decided to walk over to the Pier on Dream Lake to take a picture of her memorial from the other side, when I got there this is what I saw…

Visitors and misc

I found myself  looking through a heart shaped nature made frame!

You may not see it, but it hit me like a ton of bricks, I just thought it was sooooo fitting and proving that Shiner’s Burial spot was the PERFECT place!

Here is a short video about her memorial:

Shiner’s Memorial

2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing. Hoping to come view it in person sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're all doing well. Did you make it back home okay? Regretfully I have not made it down there to see the grave yet, so I am hoping for this fall. The weather is getting very hot now. I was thinking a lot about Shiner tonight and feel sad. I have her little album of pictures. I still need to make some sort of memory book with words or feelings or something. I hope they will let me come into the ranch, even if only for a couple of hours. I just need to make that final little step to the grave. I feel like it would be my very final good-bye to her. Someday I would like to have a dog kind of like Shiner. It will never be Shiner of course. Hope your dogs are fine. :)

    ReplyDelete


Adventures of Shadow the RVing Dog.




Copyright Protected

Archives

        
OLDEST POSTINGS: 03/07/2010  TO  03/02/2011