Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Old Friends Good Times On On Way...

Spending the last 6 winters working on the same ranch became  a lot more than a place to work! It became our winter home equipped with lifetime friends, that became our family away from home.
We got to visit with Johnny and spent Christmas reminiscing all of our good times. Had the most unconventional Christmas Dinner but it was spectacular! 


The s'mores were especially good!

All though I cry a lot during these holiday's missing my family back home, I am thankful for the opportunity to do what we do! 

If Dave and I hadn't started this snow birding lifestyle before the grandkids were born, I would have never started! So it is bittersweet, I love it and hate it all at the same time.

We video chat with the grandkids, but spotty Internet connections and the kids busy lives, it isn't as often as we would like. We try to make it fun 
when we can!

I send the grandkids snail mail on occasion and love it when some of them open it while video chatting, it is fun to see their reactions to the silly things I sometimes make for them. 


This year I got a late start on mail, because we were still trying to find a place to work after our two week visit at Deer Lake Cabins. 

Shylo REALLY enjoyed his time on the ranch and played like crazy with his friends Blue and TIG, but we will have to save that for another post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Adventures of Shadow the RVing Dog.




Copyright Protected

Archives

        
OLDEST POSTINGS: 03/07/2010  TO  03/02/2011