Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wow Nearly 3 weeks at Deer Lake Cabins!

It is so hard to believe that tomorrow will be our 3rd week here!

I haven’t had much time to blog because I haven’t spent much time on the internet.

Dave and I are continuing the work in the Wild West Cabin,

DSCN0480 DSCN0534 DSCN0404  Kitchen 03 

The Floors are in and all the painting is done, I will wait until we get the trim up and  get the furniture back where it belongs before I show the pictures of the floors.

Today we hung two Double Size Doors in the master Bedroom and took out the curtains that were previously used to cover the closets, I will get photos of those after they are stained.

This past week there has been less for me to do to help him; so I have done more tree trimming

Before: P1260254 After: P1260259

These vines grow uncontrollably and take over the trees and the ground. It takes a couple hours just to clear a small area. These vines grow so thick, they will prevent dead trees from falling and make it nearly impossible to cut out dead limbs. The vines hug the ground so tight you can’t run a rake two inches before it is held in place by the vines.

I would probably be able to get more done if I had decent tools, all we have is a cheap Fiskar Pole saw that Dave picked up for me at Home Depot. If I were getting paid to do this kind of work, I would request a Silky pole saw! I get paid when I am helping Dave which is really nice. When I do outside work, it just makes me feel good doing something more constructive than sitting on the internet all day or metal detecting all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Adventures of Shadow the RVing Dog.




Copyright Protected

Archives

        
OLDEST POSTINGS: 03/07/2010  TO  03/02/2011