Saturday, January 15, 2011

Finding Civil War Era Bullets and other things at the Ranch

I collected several things while hunting on the ranch, when Dave and I left, we gave most of our finds to Linda and Don, the owners. Some of it was nothing but rusted nuts bolts and common bullets, but I did find some bullets that were of the civil war era.

With the history of Arizona's battle and with the confederate soldiers at Dragoon Springs, I wonder how much of the fight took place on Triangle T's Property. I do not know much about the history of any of that, but it would be an interesting study!

I figure, these things are part of the Ranches history and they belong on the Ranch so I
Linda talked about putting together a display of these things so ranch guests can also get an opportunity to see these things.

I also found an old glass lined thermos and an old food can that looked like it was pried open with a knife. I also found an old metal tool, that looked like an AZE.

I forgot to take pictures of these 3 things. It may be possible to see them in the future at Triangle T.



Things I kept, were coins and things that were not relevant to the history of the ranch. I also did some detecting off the property and found a few more things. I found an old penny, not sure if the date is 1919 or 1909.



One of the coins was a $100.00 Mexican coin, worth about $12.00! Another one was a Mickey Mouse Metal! LOL

I don't know what all of this stuff is, so if you identify something, PLEASE leave me a comment or send me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Adventures of Shadow the RVing Dog.




Copyright Protected

Archives

        
OLDEST POSTINGS: 03/07/2010  TO  03/02/2011